Removal of 3 bump-outs at the corner of Lexington and Devon.
No impact on the overall schedule as presented further down the page.
Lexington and Devon : safer, greener, nicer
As part fof its capital investment strategy, the City of Westmount will proceed in 2022 with the reconstruction of Lexington and Devon Avenues between Lexington and Summit Crescent. The project includes reconstruction of the sidewalks, the roadway, the street lighting and underground infrastructure. Result: safer, greener, nicer avenues!
- Rehabilitate underground infrastructure
- Review the geometry in accordance with the objectives set out in the City’s planning documents
- Apply traffic calming measures
- Review the allotment of space between active and vehicular modes of travel
- Secure pedestrian movements
- Increase green spaces
- Wide intersections encourage speeding among motorists
- Wide intersections create large impermeable surfaces
- Length of the crossing puts pedestrians and cyclists at risk
- Low use of on-street parking and seasonal parking ban on the east side of Lexington
2022 Final Design
- Consideration of comments received as part of the survey
- Improvement of the living environment will be reflected in the property assessments
- Increase in green space area (± 769 m2)
- Tree planting, canopy increase (addition of ±20 trees)
- Reduction of heat island effect
- Runoff reduction, improving sustainable water management
- Traffic calming measures resulting in decreased noise and fuel consumption
- Improvement of the offering of sustainable mobility which increases the feeling of safety
- Improvement of the urban experience of the street
Dec. 2021 - Jan. 2022
March 10 2022
Information MeetingPresentation on the final design concept.
March 17 2022
Call for tenderLaunch of the public tender.
Start of the workStart of construction operations week of May 23rd
May 23rd to mid-August
Phase 1Construction operations on Lexington, from Edgehill to Shorncliffe
End of June to mid-August
Phase 2Construction operations on Devon, from Lexington to Summit Crescent
Mid-August to end of Oct.
Phase 3Construction operations on Lexington, from Shorncliffe to the North-Limit